Join us as a Volunteer
A volunteer is someone who gives some of his/her time to the cause, expecting nothing in return. No money, no professional skills. The activities of a volunteer are, like the term suggests, based on the will of the subject who accepts to provide a service for the sake of its utility to the cause or organization.
Duration of work - Minimum 14 working days of involvement is necessary to be considered a volunteer at New Light.
The Volunteer Registration form (English)
The Volunteer Registration form (French)
The Volunteer Registration form (German)
The Volunteer Registration form (Spanish)
Certificate will be issued upon request.
Kindly request for the certificate within three months from the last date of engagement.
Guidelines for overseas and local volunteers and interns in New Light
- Volunteers/interns are requested to behave professionally with the children in New Light at all times.
- Volunteers/interns are requested not to visit individual homes of the children without taking the permission from the authority, New Light. If any volunteer/ intern want to meet the parents of any child, the meeting should be held within the premises of New Light.
- Volunteers/ interns are requested to discuss directly with the authority primarily, incase they observe anything objectionable.
- Volunteers/ interns should not be biased towards any children of New Light. Children may discuss their views with the volunteers/interns. Volunteers/ interns should be a listener but should not come to any conclusion immediately. They are requested to discuss the same with the authority if necessary.
- Volunteers/ interns are requested not to let any children handle their personal objects like mobile phones, tab or any other gazettes.
- Volunteers/ interns should not involve any children associated and any person belonging to the community in any kind of activities/events outside New Light.
- The children in New Light are from challenged background so try to be emphatic towards them without being sympathetic.
- Your respect is our respect. We encourage our volunteers/ interns to maintain the same.
Any violation of the above mentioned rules will be taken as serious offence and actions will be taken accordingly.